So I just found a new favorite food blog. It is called Blue-Eyed Bakers and you can check them out here.
For starters their name is precious and catchy :) Secondly, these are the first five recipes you see on their home page:
Yeah they are my new food blog heroes.
So in honor of the amazingness that is food blogs, I have come up with a Top 10 list of reasons why they are the best thing since…well ever!
Top 10 Favorite Things about Food Blogs
1. SO MANY RECIPES AND SO LITTLE TIME!! I just love looking at all the recipes and thinking, “Oh my gosh I have to make this RIGHT NOW! No, wait! What about this one…or this one!?!?”
2. They truly have a talent at taking pictures that make you think that you need nothing else in the world except you and this picture of a piece of cinnamon bread. You may not even like bread, but damn it I’m going to love it based off this picture.
3. Some people are just so creative! You would never have thought to put bacon on top of a peanut butter and chocolate bar. Yes, there is such a recipe.
4. Cute, creative names. “Eat, Live, Run” “Blue-Eyed Bakers” “The Frugal Foodie” “Six Sisters Stuff” “My Baking Addiction” “Crepes of Wrath” You get the picture. Also, all those are true blogs, fyi.
5. Themed food ideas, such as this for St. Patrick’s Day:
6. The delusion that you think what you make will turn out exactly the same as in their pictures. I am at fault with this way too many times than I would like to admit.
7. They are much better at taking lots of pictures and step-by-step directions than any cookbook or baking book I have ever purchased or looked at. I’m like a kid, I need pictures:
8. The variety! How can so many people make the same thing, such as cake balls, but each one looks different and unique! Well done my friends, well done.
9. They are really good at making food look cute.
10. They make the Food and Drink category of Pinterest ENDLESS and so, so, so delicious! I could literally spend hours looking at all the glorious dishes. Pinterest is the ultimate procrastination tool…and not in a good way.